There is absolutely no comparison between facebook and LinkedIn for the reason that facebook was designed to promote social networking and LinkedIn for professional purposes. The purpose of facebook is to help people keep in touch with their ex-class fellows and family members whereas LinkedIn is undoubtedly the best professional site on the planet. It allows members of different companies and institutes to share ideas with each other. It also gives CEO of the company an opportunity to maintain the list of all the employees of his company. Facebook is unquestionably the largest social networking site of all time. Recently it achieved a new landmark when 500 million users used facebook in a single day. Facebook contains business pages that enable you to stay connected with innovation of different companies but facebook has one drawback that it does not allow you to connect with strangers. So basically facebook is only for staying connected with people in your immediate social circle. LinkedIn on the other hand is ideal for professionals. They can easily share their views and ideas with people of their own caliber. The LinkedIn has one major drawback and that is you cannot comment on shared items. You can only view them. In this aspect this site is way behind facebook. In fact, facebook is multipurpose and multi dimensional site which has something for everybody. You cannot fault the effort that facebook team put in to provide the best service possible to the users.
Why People like facebook?
Many people around the world are crazy about facebook. Factors below tell us why people prefer facebook to other sites.
- The amazing thing about facebook is that its servers never go down no matter how many people are visiting the site at the same time. To be able to open the site at any time of the day adds to satisfaction level that people have with facebook.
- Many people make account on facebook to stay in touch with their old buddies. Still others join facebook because everybody around them uses facebook. All these factors have contributed to 750 million accounts on facebook.
- Some people love facebook because it provides them with easiest and free of cost method of promoting their products.
- People have mixed opinions about the privacy policies of facebook. Some term it as boring and old fashioned while others like it for the security it provides to their photos as well as contacts.
- People also love the fact that they can customize the privacy of their profile on facebook. This feature is very convenient for people who want to hide their profile from unwanted visitors.
- Some people like the fact that facebook keeps on evolving. Every now and then facebook introduces some new feature, the latest one being the introduction of facebook Timeline which empower people to keep record of their News feed.
Although facebook is the best social networking site but still few people question some of its features. You may have different opinions about facebook depending upon how you want to view it i.e. from the eye of an optimist or pessimist.