However, one thing you need to do is create a special Flash file to hold your font. In this quick tutorial we’ll show you how to use sIFR on your Joomla site in 8 easy steps:
Simple Instructions to Create Cool Font Headings in Joomla.
Making the Font Work with sIFR
- Download the OpensIFR release from Sourcforge. Unfortunately, its only available for Macs currently. Using Windows is possible, but you’ll need a copy of Flash and these instructions.
- Use OpensIFRr to open your font. It needs to be a True Type Font. You’ll know if it is because the file extension is .ttf.
- Create a .swf file using OpensIFRr. It has a habit of crashing sometimes. If it does, try and convert nearly all of the characters, but don’t check the “all” option.
- Upload your new .swf file to the mambots/system folder.
Making sIFR Work with Joomla
- Download the sIFR plugin from Joomla-addons.org.
- Install it and add the code to the bottom of your template.
- Change the code to reflect the color of your headlines and the name of your .swf file.
- Voila! Your component and content headings will now show in a snazzy new font.
This wont work with all joomla templates though so i found out this plugin by Ninjoomla which works fantastically with every joomla template.This plugin provides every customisation for the font and usage of any font on the web pages.You guys can see the demo on their website itself.
I came across this plugin while working on one of my projects which was in need of custom fonts to be used inside the joomla template.
Which browsers does this work with?
About the same as the number percentage as Flash itself – around 90%. PC IE 5+, Safari, Firefox, Opera 7+, Omniweb, and even Konqueror.